Dubai is the land of adventure and leisure. The place is called the heartland of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The city has the biggest and the most luxurious construction in the world. Indeed, Dubai is a wonder to visit.
Dubai has many attractions but the major ones are Burj Khalifa, Bollywood Park, Jumeirah Beach, and the Dubai Safari park. If you are planning a trip to Dubai, then Dubai Safari Park is one of the best places to visit with family and friends.
About The Dubai Safari Park
Dubai Safari Park is a first of its kind in the United Arab Emirates with beautiful lakes and green landscapes. Check out the different neighborhoods, different villages, and diverse flora and fauna around you as you explore the different areas of the park. Apart from observing animals, you can also take part in several other interactive exhibits.
The park aims to be one of the top ten zoos in the world and a leading tourist destination worldwide. The park has gained recognition from the international community for its efforts to maintain high standards of animal welfare, nutrition, and ethical behavior.
The park was built on top of a landfill, turning the area into a reusable area. In addition, the park has implemented several environmentally friendly and sustainable technologies such as the use of solar energy to power its facilities and electric vehicles.
Other efforts by the park include diverting food and animal waste for use as fertilizer in parks. There are also several recycling bins scattered around the facility for visitors to use. The park also seeks to protect endangered species through extensive research.
The Dubai Safari Park is home to around seventy-eight species of mammals that includes ten different carnivorous animals and fifty types of reptiles.
The park also has around 111 different kinds of birds. It doesn’t matter if you are a nature lover, wildlife enthusiast, tourist, or adventure seeker, the park is a must-experience place for young hearts and adults.
Before visiting any place, you must know about the best activities to do there. Here we have a list of 10 things to know before you visit the Dubai Safari park.
1- Explore the Park to the Fullest
The Dubai Safari park is a huge and diverse park. It is divided into differently themed geographical zones. There are-
- Safari Village – The Safari Village is known as the heart of the Dubai Safari Park. In the village, you get an opportunity to have a closer look at the animals like Oryx, Ibex, Arabian Wolf, and many more.
- African Village – The Village is home to the largest walk-in Aviary of Duba, where you can relax while watching the birds flying around. The major animals in the African Village are Gorilla, Greater Flamingo, Bongo, Duiker, Black and White Ruffed Lemur, and many more.
- Asian Village – This is the smallest village of the Dubai Safari Park. Here the buildings are Asian-themed. The prominent animals here are Dragon, Moon Bear, Gibbon, and many more.
- Wadi Area – The Wadi Area is designed as a relaxation area in this large complex and is a place where you can picnic in the meadows or enjoy snacks from the pavilion.
- Explorer Village – Explorer Village is the highlight of Dubai Safari. Hop on the bus and get ready to visit Africa and Asia in one trip. Some of the animals that you would find here include elephant, tiger, lion, hippopotamus, baboon, antelope, zebra, cuckold, Cape buffalo, Nile crocodile, striped hyena, tar mouflon, deer, cheetah, and buffalo.
- Children’s Farms – Here young people and their families can interact with the pets of all the animals on the farm such as cows, sheep, goats, ducks, chickens, donkeys, and ponies. The farm is the perfect blend of a farm and a petting zoo. Here the kids get an opportunity to learn more about the farm animals and their habitat.
- Reptile house- By the name, it is very clear that the house is the home to the reptiles in the park. The reptile house has over fifty species of reptiles living there. Snakes, lizards, and tortoises are some of the major reptiles living there.
2) Book Your Tickets
To avoid the queues and the wait, we suggest you reach there early or book your ticket online. You can get your e-ticket to get easy entry into the park.
3) Be an Early Bird
Being a major tourist attraction of Dubai, the Dubai Safari Park is quite crowded. We suggest you reach the park as soon as it opens. Also, the reason behind our suggestion is because the people say the animals are more active in the morning as compared to the day. During the afternoon they sleep or laze around.
- Why have you Chosen to Travel to Dubai and Melbourne from London?
- 7 Reasons to Visit Dubai this New Year’s Eve
- 5 famous foods you should try in in Dubai expo 2020
- Best spa services in dubai 2021
4) Location and Timing
The Dubai Safari Park is Situated near Dragon mart, at Al Warqa, Dubai. The timing for the park is 9 AM to 5 PM, every day. During the summers the park only opens during the evening.
5) Feeding Yourself is Important
The park is big and adventurous so it is important to be energetic. There are many food outlets in the park from where you can fill your empty stomach. It is important to keep in mind that packed meals are not allowed on the premises. You can visit any one of the cafes, restaurants, or kiosks to keep your little ones active and energetic.
6) Schedule and Activities
Scheduling your day according to the activities will make your trip soothing. Another advantage of going according to the plan will help to witness more things and attractions of the park. Here is the timing of some major and not-to-miss activities of the park:
- The Small Theater Bird show is a half-hour show that takes place from 10 AM to 10:30 AM and from 1:30 AM to 2 PM.
- The Raptor Show happens once a day from 4 PM to 4:30 PM.
- The Amazing Creature of the World happens twice a day. First from 11:30 AM to 12 AM and second from 3 PM to 3:30 PM.
Apart from these activities, you can feed the birds, giraffes, and elephants during the private and guided tour. The private tour is surely a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Also, you can go on a safari journey that lasts for around forty-five minutes. The safari gives you a fun tour of the park. Moreover, you can also shop around at the outlets; there are prayer rooms, free wi-fi, and many more facilities here.
7) The Weather
The weather in Dubai is almost humid and hot. So we recommend you to carry sunglasses, an umbrella, hats, sunscreen, and water with you. Also, the park has few indoor animals, so the temperature when you enter and exit may vary; therefore, be prepared.
8) Wear Comfortable Clothes
The park is huge so make yourself prepared to walk. Avoid wearing heels as the park is hilly. Walking shoes would be a good option here. It is important to wear something that makes you comfortable.
9) Have some Patience
There are places in the park where you would have to wait in queues. Sometimes you may have to wait for hours. Therefore, remember patience is a virtue. Moreover, keep in mind that the park has a rush during the weekends.
10) Camera is Important
The most important thing to take with you is a camera. You will definitely love taking pictures of fascinating animals and the awe-struck views. The camera gives you an opportunity to see the world from a different perspective.
Dubai offers the best for adventure and pleasure. The Dubai Safari Park is the place you will definitely crave to come back. So what are you waiting for? Book your tickets and have a happy vacation.