Eat drink travel in London for less than 10 Pounds
Visitors worry that London is an expensive city but there are so many things to do in the capital of England on a budget. Make more out of your money with our ideas for things to do in London that cost between 1 and 10 Sterlings.
- Sip a hot chocolate piled high with marshmallows, whipped cream, and a chocolate straw at chocolatier Choccywoccydoodah (£3.99).
- Grab a tasty lunch, such as a burrito or mac‘n’cheese, from a street food truck (around £5).
- Bite into a sweet or savory pancake at My Old Dutch (from £6.50).
- Breakfast in Mayfair doesn’t have to be expensive. Eat a hot sandwich (from £3.80) or full English (from £7.50) at Cardinals of Mayfair
- Buy a freshly cooked lunch from a stall at foodie paradise Borough Market (around £6).
- Treat yourself to piping hot chips and crispy battered fish at one of London’s famous fish and chip shops (from £5.50).
- Eat affordable and authentic Chinese food in Chinatown.
- Munch a mouth-watering frozen yogurt at Snog (from £2.45).
- Choose from 120 different types of cereals and more than 30 different varieties of milk and toppings at the Cereal Killer Cafe (from £2.60).
- Tuck into a cronut (croissant-doughnut pastry) at Dominique Ansel Bakery (£4).
- Expand your mind by heading to a late-night opening of one of London’s museums.
- Watch an innovative play at a pub theatre
- Laugh the night away at a stand-up comedy show.
- Score a goal at table football at Cafe Kick (£1).
- Enjoy two-for-one cocktails during happy hour at one of London’s top
- Strike it at retro-style bowling alley Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes (from around £7.50 per person for one lane).
- Get your hands on tickets to a cheap gig in London.
- Soak up gorgeous night-time views of London at Sky Garden.
- Gaze at the River Thames through a pair of binoculars at the MorpethArms’ Spying Room while enjoying a pint.
- Let’s visit Paris on a Budget 2021
- 10 Best Places To Travel In Spring Season Worldwide
- Emergency medicine to carry when traveling to hill station
Fun for families
- Be wowed by aquatic life from around the globe in London’s oldest aquarium at the Horniman Museum (£9 for a family ticket).
- Meet goats, ponies, alpacas, and other farmyard animals at Belmont Children’s Farm (£7).
Home from home
- Explore the home of Dr. Benjamin Franklin, scientist, diplomat, philosopher, inventor, and Founding Father of the United States, at Benjamin Franklin House (from £8).
- Visit the Hampstead-based home of Sigmund Freud and his family at the Freud Museum (£8).
- Discover the former home of two talented musicians with Handel & Hendrix in London (£10).
- Sip a pint in front of a crackling fire at one of London’s cozy pubs.
- Quaff a glass of wine at one of the candlelit tables at the cave-
- like Gordon’s Wine Bar.
- Celebrate London life with a glass of bubbly at one of the city’s champagne bars (around £10 a glass).
- Enjoy a German beer at a Bavarian Beerhouse (from £5.20 for a pint).
- Sip a cocktail at the Victorian-inspired cocktail bar Worship Street Whistling Shop (from £9).
- Choose from the vast list of more than 400 gins at The Gin Bar at Holborn Dining Room (from £9).
- Take off your shoes, walk into London Cat Village and sit down for a perfect cup of tea among rescued cats (from £5).
- Read a book over a pot of tea in the London Review Cake Shop (from £2.95).
- Enjoy a half-price martini during happy hour at Dirty Martini Monument.
- Get your caffeine fix at one of London’s top 10 independent coffee shops.
- Find UBREW under the railway arches along the Bermondsey’s Beer Mile and pick a craft beer from the wide selection on tap and the shelf.
Time to travel
- Take a Thames Clipper boat from the Coca-Cola London Eye to Greenwich (£6.50).
- Enjoy a cheap sightseeing tour of London by taking the 74 bus from Putney to Baker Street, via South Kensington, Harrods, Hyde Park, and Selfridges (£1.50 with a contactless payment or Oyster card).
- Take a canal boat ride from Little Venice to Camden (from £9.50).
- Complete your London experience with a ride in one of the city’s black cabs (from £2.60).
- Glide above the Thames in the Emirates Air Line cable car (£3.50).