Visitors worry that London is an expensive city but there are so many things to do in the capital of England on a budget. Make more out of your money with our ideas for things to do in London that cost between 1 and 10 Sterlings.
- Sip a hot chocolate piled high with marshmallows, whipped cream, and a chocolate straw at chocolatier Choccywoccydoodah (£3.99).
- Grab a tasty lunch, such as a burrito or mac‘n’cheese, from a street food truck (around £5).
- Bite into a sweet or savory pancake at My Old Dutch (from £6.50).
- Breakfast in Mayfair doesn’t have to be expensive. Eat a hot sandwich (from £3.80) or full English (from £7.50) at Cardinals of Mayfair
- Buy a freshly cooked lunch from a stall at foodie paradise Borough Market (around £6).
- Treat yourself to piping hot chips and crispy battered fish at one of London’s famous fish and chip shops (from £5.50).
- Eat affordable and authentic Chinese food in Chinatown.
- Munch a mouth-watering frozen yogurt at Snog (from £2.45).
- Choose from 120 different types of cereals and more than 30 different varieties of milk and toppings at the Cereal Killer Cafe (from £2.60).
- Tuck into a cronut (croissant-doughnut pastry) at Dominique Ansel Bakery (£4).
- Expand your mind by heading to a late-night opening of one of London’s museums.
- Watch an innovative play at a pub theatre
- Laugh the night away at a stand-up comedy show.
- Score a goal at table football at Cafe Kick (£1).
- Enjoy two-for-one cocktails during happy hour at one of London’s top
- Strike it at retro-style bowling alley Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes (from around £7.50 per person for one lane).
- Get your hands on tickets to a cheap gig in London.
- Soak up gorgeous night-time views of London at Sky Garden.
- Gaze at the River Thames through a pair of binoculars at the MorpethArms’ Spying Room while enjoying a pint.
- Let’s visit Paris on a Budget 2021
- 10 Best Places To Travel In Spring Season Worldwide
- Emergency medicine to carry when traveling to hill station
Fun for families
- Be wowed by aquatic life from around the globe in London’s oldest aquarium at the Horniman Museum (£9 for a family ticket).
- Meet goats, ponies, alpacas, and other farmyard animals at Belmont Children’s Farm (£7).
Home from home
- Explore the home of Dr. Benjamin Franklin, scientist, diplomat, philosopher, inventor, and Founding Father of the United States, at Benjamin Franklin House (from £8).
- Visit the Hampstead-based home of Sigmund Freud and his family at the Freud Museum (£8).
- Discover the former home of two talented musicians with Handel & Hendrix in London (£10).
- Sip a pint in front of a crackling fire at one of London’s cozy pubs.
- Quaff a glass of wine at one of the candlelit tables at the cave-
- like Gordon’s Wine Bar.
- Celebrate London life with a glass of bubbly at one of the city’s champagne bars (around £10 a glass).
- Enjoy a German beer at a Bavarian Beerhouse (from £5.20 for a pint).
- Sip a cocktail at the Victorian-inspired cocktail bar Worship Street Whistling Shop (from £9).
- Choose from the vast list of more than 400 gins at The Gin Bar at Holborn Dining Room (from £9).
- Take off your shoes, walk into London Cat Village and sit down for a perfect cup of tea among rescued cats (from £5).
- Read a book over a pot of tea in the London Review Cake Shop (from £2.95).
- Enjoy a half-price martini during happy hour at Dirty Martini Monument.
- Get your caffeine fix at one of London’s top 10 independent coffee shops.
- Find UBREW under the railway arches along the Bermondsey’s Beer Mile and pick a craft beer from the wide selection on tap and the shelf.
Time to travel
- Take a Thames Clipper boat from the Coca-Cola London Eye to Greenwich (£6.50).
- Enjoy a cheap sightseeing tour of London by taking the 74 bus from Putney to Baker Street, via South Kensington, Harrods, Hyde Park, and Selfridges (£1.50 with a contactless payment or Oyster card).
- Take a canal boat ride from Little Venice to Camden (from £9.50).
- Complete your London experience with a ride in one of the city’s black cabs (from £2.60).
- Glide above the Thames in the Emirates Air Line cable car (£3.50).