This UK-based Partner visa is used to enter or get settled in the UK. This visa is given about an individual’s relationship with his British citizen partners or spouse and a refugee.
The relationship category is associated with the refugee category as the person who wants to settle in the UK doesn’t hold its Citizenship, so he/she is identified as a refugee who can take advantage of his British partner.
An individual born in a particular nation, or given rights by the ruling system, gets the full right to live in that nation. His nationality identifies him. Many factors could give you access to the citizenship of a nation, such as :
- Birth – When born in the nation, you have the birthright to be identified as a citizen.
- Refuge: When an individual or a mass wants to settle down in a nation because of dangerous situations like destruction, wars, forced migration, diseases, barren land, and no availability of resources in the former nation, they can get citizenship of a nation if they are not a threat to the latter nation.
- Relationship: When an individual wants to settle in a new country, he/she can be referred to by his/her partner who holds citizenship in that particular nation.
- Business: An individual or a company that invested in a property or has a business relationship and branches abroad can get citizenship.
- Family: An individual whose family already lives in a nation can get access to citizenship of that nation.
To get a UK Partner visa, an individual needs to be identified according to the definition given by the UK Home Office
There are many definitions of a partner, it is not just about marriage, but other partners also come in this category as mentioned below :
- Civil Partner
- Unmarried Partners who are identified as a couple being in a Live-in relationship for more than two years.
- Proposed civil partner
What are the requirements to get the UK Partner Visa?
- Both partners must be 18 years old or over.
- Both partners must have a relationship and be legally married.
- They must live together.
- Both individuals should be able to support themselves financially and physically without claiming right in public funds.
- Savings and accounts are a must.
- Must be able to afford accommodation and resources.
- Must be an English speaker.
How long does a UK Partner Visa last?
You must apply for the visa within 2-12 weeks from submission to UKBA. The Visa usually lasts upto 2 years; to reapply, you should ensure that it happens within 2 weeks before the due date of the previous visa.
English Language Requirement
The person should be a fluent English speaker; he can prove this by showing a certificate or degree related to English language studies or course; otherwise, he can pass a test conducted by UK Home Office. Countries that requires English as a compulsory language to apply for English nation citizenship as their under the Home Office department system –
- United Kingdom
- The Bahamas
- Antigua and Barbuda
- New Zealand
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- The United States of America
Factors responsible for cancellation of UK Partner Visa
- Mental and Physical Disabilities
- Person with diseases
- Tuberculosis infected person is not allowed
- Separation between partners
- No accommodation
- False information